If you are interested in any of the jobs below, please send your application and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org including the relevant reference number in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Levanter Africa is seeking a writer to help position our clients as industry leaders by analysing their business and building strong written propositions and content for media and investor audiences. Key sectors to be covered include, financial services, energy, manufacturing and government.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Analyse financial information and data for financial communication to media and investors
- Research and write content for press and media material
- Review and analyse company and brand performance
- Interview and work with business leaders to develop investment propositions and messages about business performance
- Analyse and develop content from research/data for different channels including digital, publications, events and media.
- Participate in client discussions to provide communications counsel at planning, implementation and evaluation of assignments.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and make sound recommendations on utilizing such mediums to advance communications objectives.
- Prepare detailed media briefing documents and provide direction on key messages, as well as compelling presentations and talking points.
- Provide communications support including speeches, presentations, briefings, and talking points to assist with outreach to all audiences.
- Passion and intellectual curiosity for writing
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in business, journalism, communications or related area of study
- Minimum 4 years experience as Business Analyst or Financial journalist
- Understanding of finance and capital markets
- Solid knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Strong time management, project management and planning skills
- Resourcefulness, flexibility and resiliency
- Strong verbal skills and demonstrated ability to work closely with senior-level executives
- Strategic thinking and creativity
Full or part time applicants considered.
Strategic Communications and Business Development Internship
May – July 2015
A three-month internship with Levanter Africa Ltd, based in Nairobi Kenya. Levanter Africa advises clients on strategic communications and business development to grow their revenues and build their reputations. We help governments and the private sector in Africa, talk to relevant stakeholders, expand into new markets and services, as well as respond to evolving client and public needs. www.levanterafrica.com. This is a short-term role open to Kenya citizens only with compensation for the internship period covering expenses only.
- Help build distribution lists for media and any other stakeholders
- Contribute to share of voice research using media and other intelligence sources
- Support thought leadership and publication development – particularly on design and dissemination
- Help with web marketing and social media initiatives for clients and Levanter Africa
- Help with market research – contributing to targeting and sales plans for clients
- Help generate client sales reports
- Support on project administration and operational items
- Help organising meetings and events
- A degree qualification - preferably in communications or marketing-related discipline
- Relevant work experience
- Highly proactive attitude
- Well presented and articulate
- First rate English writing and speaking skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good experience in MS Office suite and CRM systems experience preferable
Skills to be developed in the successful candidate
- Experience with different client companies on complex selling and strategic communications
- Enhanced business research, analysis, writing and communications skills
- A strong rapport with career practitioners and potential employers
Interested candidates should submit a CV with a covering letter by email to email@example.com, with the subject ‘SCBD Internship’ no later than 24 April 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.